Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Across the Threshold

I have been cheating with my latest posts: putting up pictures and posters without much words in between. But then again, a picture paints a thousand words, right?

Anyhow, it has been a week of endings and beginnings. I left my old job as an Embryologist - and thank God, it was with a big bang... I was sent all the way to Osaka in 2005 to train for a tricky procedure called IVM (in vitro maturation), which is a safer alternative to IVF but with a lower success rate. But when I returned, the boss did not see a need to use that particular procedure, so my training was left to gather cobwebs.

Then after I tendered my resignation, the boss thought, hey, she's leaving soon so better squeeze all those information out of her brain first. No centres in Malaysia and Singapore had reportedly carried out this technique before so we may as well try our luck. And true enough, we had our very first IVM case 1 month before I was scheduled to leave.

I had to fight through those thick cobwebs and retrieve those information and get updates on them - because afterall, it's been 3 years since. The case went better than expected. And 2 weeks later, the pregnancy result came back with a very high positive. Praise God.

Needless to say, the boss was elated. Sure he still managed to squeeze my brains even 3 hours before the end of my last day, but he did that in a kindly way - if that was possible.

Anyway, so I left with happy thoughts. And ready for a new adventure ahead. There's trepidation, but I've decided to put all my cares on that big guy upstairs. :)

Oh, and I've moved house too. From PJ to PJ. Haha. (Thanks so much to J for helping me move!) The new room looked rather intimidating, I don't know why. Perhaps I have not settled in properly so it doesn't have that cosy feel to it yet. There's much to do still.

So there it is. The end of the old, and start of the new.

[And yet another thing: a fresh start of an "old" thing. But that's another story ;)]

4 comments:

Pet said...

Usually this happens when u leave a company, they want to "transfer" the knowledge you had gathered thru the years! The next thing you know, they invent a pipe to transfer knowledge! HAHA!

Anyway, good luck in your new job!

Su Ann said...

Yeah man... it's like they wish to fully download all the info into their database before formatting the disk. ;P
Thanks Pet!

Pet said...

So, how's your new job?

Btw, got a blog tag for u..http://alexendrealeh.blogspot.com/2008/12/8-random-things-about-me.html

Su Ann said...

Thanks Pet. My new job is ok... still trying to get used to it.