Sometimes people tend to think the worst of things.
I found that sometimes they tend to interpret the things I say and turn it into something vile. It's annoying.
Like for example:
It's been raining. I am trudging along a soggy patch in a field. I bump into a friend. "It's so muddy," I said. Trust me I am just stating a fact. A neutral fact. Nothing more.
And what I get is an admonishment for complaining. It's like an uncalled for slap in the face.
The question is, was I complaining?
If I was, I would not be just commenting, "It's muddy". I may have added a harsh word or two and glared at the mud with such intensity it would turn solid again.
Example number two:
A friend is commenting on girls who wear heels. Why do they prefer to wear heels instead of flats?
I suggest simply, because they're short.
You're so bad, he says.
What is so bad about that? Just because I am tall and I am saying others are short, am I making fun of them? What is wrong with being short? What if I prefer to be short? Better centre of gravity. And you can wear high heels without towering over guys. ;P
Does saying certain word immediately mean you are complaining or being unkind?
Don't be so fast in jumping to conclusion.
Be positive mar...
7 comments:
Oh yeah man, I understand what you mean there...the wild and whacky world of miscommunications...never a dull moment =p
Ah well..while it would be nice but we can't please everyone all the time...just the ones we care about is good enough I'd say =)
Yeahhhh...miscommunication. tht's the word. Hm, I could write a whole blog about miscommunication! ;P
It's true about the tall and short conversation. Seems to be a VERY hot topic! Anyway, I don't c the relevant to discuss who is tall and short. Does it make a difference? No for me...
hey there! Great post. =) Haha, sometimes I feel that this is Life. Just one big miscomms happening over and over again. But yeah, like Matt said, can never please everyone. Just keep your head high with your clear consciencelor. =) Keep communicating your thots! And if they get it, good for them. If they don't, well, its just too bad for them. =)
lol
git new frens? :P
Hehe , discretion is part of the art of conversation . If u had said fat , people will even make bigger reaction :p
yeah it happens to me too. gavin says that's why he'd rather communicate with machines than people
Post a Comment