"Love is not about finding the right person, but creating the right relationship. It's not how much love you have in the beginning, but how much love you build till the end."
Wow, very meaningful, don't you think? Definitely a nice little tip to drill into the brains of people who are having doubts & wondering if their partners are "Mr Right" or "Ms Right". And it's also a reminder that relationships / marriage is hard work. It's not just a cozy stroll along the beach. It's pulling your sleeves up and getting your hands and nose dirty once in a while.
Anyhow, I've collected a bagful of "Love is" quotes from years of reading (gosh, I feel old). Some of them are bittersweet like:
"Is love a tender thing? it is too rough,
Too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn."

And some thoughtful.
"Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove."
And some are biblical.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
No prizes for guessing where these jewels come from. But if you can guess correctly, I'll give you a little virtual thumbs up. ;)
4 comments:
I know I know!! The last one if from the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13!! Do I at least get a chocolate??
Keep writing girl... you inspire us with your amazing insights!
Haha! OK, will give you a chocolate the next time we meet! ;)
"Love is a big hole you fall into"
I made that one up myself. Unfortunately not very uplifting. :P
Haha, very good one. Make that a MANhole and it'll be even more meaningful, kakaka...
Post a Comment